MM Trust operates in and around metropolitan Tiruchirappalli. More specifically, in the small villages like Thalakkudi, which is the most under the focus of the NGO. The organization has two main goals:
- Community development
MM Trust mainly works for the ‘cremators’ and their families. These are the people who work in graveyards. They put this on health, hygiene, rights, protection and education for their children. This society is very sensitive and economically / socially backward beaten. These people standing next to the cemeteries. Women and children work together with the men in unsanitary and unhealthy conditions.
Another important part of the organization is networking. There are collaborations with the following organizations:
- Shelters for children
- HIV / AIDS helpline
- Children’s hospitals
- Home for Rehabilitation (alcohol) addiction
- Schools for children with mental disabilities
- Nursing homes
Besides the focus on this target group, MM Trust focuses its pillars also at (inter) national students.
2. Programs for training and research purposes for national and international students.
MM Trust assists local, national and international students doing research or internship in their field of study. The objectives are:
- Identifying individual skills through innovative training methods.
- The characteristics of the students improve in terms of various specific skills.
- Promoting individual knowledge, implement and evaluate these students with the objective to further develop their personal and professional lives.
MM Trust provides introductory courses for international students and volunteers. Separately, the NGO possesses the expertise on couselling, supervision, support and supervision of students during their study at MM Trust. The student will be evaluated by a professional social worker of the organization.
MM Trust offers studies and courses in the following domains:
- Social (and cultural) work
- Occupational therapy
- Nutrition and dietetics
The organization has a sufficiently broad network to go beyond this mere enumeration.